Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012




It is a beautiful evening at the building site in Central, SC! It is hard to believe that this time next year the youth may have a room big enough for everyone to meet in. I must admit that there is something exciting about bursting at the seams, and having teenagers looking in through the door frames of the hallway because so many have come—you know, all those evenings where Kehl would be leading a song and shout everybody jump when there was no room to do so. Then it would get hot with all those bodies tucked in so tightly and inevitably someone would comment on how it was now starting to smell like body odor.
Tonight as the teens are arriving they are being assigned teams, and putting on their war paint! Sarah is completely covered in blue and Becca looks like a cheetah with all those polka-dots. I wonder if Matt realizes that he bought acrylic paint for the teens to decorate themselves with.  It is game night and the competitive spirit is coming out. We are playing a game more intense than capture the flag. Each team will be trying to build a little house in their zones while other teams will be trying to steal their supplies. Let the craziness begin!
I enjoyed watching all the teens let go tonight and immerse themselves in the game. I took it in knowing that before I knew it I would be far away from this place, being immersed by a new culture and people on the other side of the world. I am feeling that I need to start stepping away more now from things. I am finding that I need more time to prepare for Cambodia and am unable to commit as much time to the youth. This is hard! I love these teens and I get so pumped when I see their desire to seek HIM grow.  I enjoy walking beside these teens through life’s highs and lows. Above all they are in the Father’s hands and He is working in them and I hope to see them live a life for His glory!


No comments:

Post a Comment