Recently
some of Ryan’s students submitted an essay in which they had to describe their
personal worldview. In order to help them understand the way cultures and
peoples around the world work, the students spend a good chunk of the semester
talking about the deep-seated beliefs and values that make them who they are. Some
essays seemed rather humorous to us, others were very interesting, and some
were very thought-provoking. We thought we’d share some of their thoughts with
you. *Disclaimer: to keep their thoughts and words authentic, we didn't edit their grammatical mistakes.
“About
this essay I say about my own worldview. Thank you!”
“I
would like to tell you about the meaning of life. For my life is very happy
because I’m always a joke with my friends and do something funny.”
“I
believe that everything created by nature. Why I dare to say this, is
everything established from nature?”
“I
normally compare life to all tastes which we has in our food: bitter, salty,
sour, sweetie.”
“Once
upon a time god was make two people. One is boy and one is girl.”
“A
thousand years ago my ancestors eat fresh meat and live in high tree like
monkey.”
“Where
do life come from? I come from my parents. My parents come from my
grandparents. My grandparents come from my great grandparents.”
“From
my experience about this worldview (Buddhism), sometime I think it real, but
sometime it not. For example, when pray to gods or monks I can received my
goal, in contrast it cannot. Sometime it really difficult to understand and to
make sure it real or not.”
“Life
come from four things: water, land, fire, and air. If we do not have four
points we cannot live because no water to drink, no land and fire to live, no
air to breathe.”
“People
in Cambodia believe in Buddhism because it has evidences like documents and
story on the walls.”
“Addiction
is become a sin. Why I say sin is because the Buddha or God said do like that
is not true.”
“I
really wonder how people can live with argument, divorce, hate, love, pity,
easy going, and fierce person combination. Maybe the God know that people can
think and consider to something they do and happened. Probably people know
about limit of nature that the God give to them.”
“People
are good from birth. When people was born they don’t know everything, they are
like a blank paper. When they are grown up they are good or bad depend on their
family or society.”
“The
worldview effect in society to educate the people about the world.”
“Do
good can get good. Do bad can get bad.”
“Without
a worldview a culture could not appear, a society cannot be what it is.”
“I
know what is right and wrong through the religion.”
“At
the end of our life is death!”
“We
don’t know that happen in the future, so we should be good person and change
the bad thing.”
“What
is the meaning of life? Actually I worry about my life.”
“If
I can do good for family, society or people around me, I think I will not
regret.”
“No
god to create everything in the universe. All humans were existed throughout
the natural law.”
“When
people get marriage they meet and happy, but in the future they will die. That
time is sad and separate. The name, job, sound, and bodies are disappeared
forever.”
“My
family believes in Buddhism, however, even if they believe in Buddha, the way
they act is different from what they believe.”
“I
believe that I am here today for a reason.”
No comments:
Post a Comment