Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Trying Tradtional Clothing

The lady whom we are subleasing from told me that if I got invited to a wedding I could wear some of her traditional clothing. As of yet I have not been invited to a wedding, but one evening I decided to try on a couple of her dresses just to see if they would fit in the event that I do get invited to a Khmer wedding.

From the pictures I have seen Khmer weddings are quite elaborate. The bride will change into multiple outfits throughout the event. I did recently get invited to an engagement party, but I was unable to attend because we had a team training. I was so excited to later see my friends engagement pictures and see her all dressed up. I also noticed that a lot of the younger attendees were not wearing traditional clothing. She said that a lot of the younger generation in the city is starting to get away from wearing traditional clothing if they are just attending an event.

 Practicing my Khmer dancing


1 comment: